This is a very quick and easy recipe. The flavors are amazing and intense. Not only does it taste great, it’s beautiful to look at too! This salad can be served as a side dish or as a light meal with some grilled chicken. You can also pile it onto a pita bread and add strips of grilled chicken on top.
For the Salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped (discard the coarse outer leaves)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges or large chunks
- 1/2 small red or white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 cup green or red pepper, cored, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, cut into cubes (for Vegan Style use firm tofu, herb flavored, cubed or crumbled)
- 1/4 cup loosely chopped parsley
- 4 pepperoncini, thinly sliced
For the Dressing
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1- In a small bowl, add sliced onions to two tablespoon red wine vinegar soak them for 10 minutes. This process takes away the heat and bitterness. Drain and set it aside. ( this is optional, I like to do this even if the onions are sweet, it makes the onions flavorful as well)
2- Place the lettuce into a large bowl. Top with olives, tomatoes, onions, green pepper, cucumbers and chopped parsley. Add cheese and pepperoncini on top.
3- For dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl until fully incorporated, add salt and pepper to taste.
4- Pour the dressing over salad and set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
5- Gently toss the salad with your hands and serve.
’m a mother, daughter, mother-in-law and wife, who likes to create things as often as possible. Creating recipes, doing makeover recipes, creating simple and easy centerpiece, creating web design, logos, fliers and so on … I use my blog to share with you my recipes that I went through a lot of trial cooking before I came up with the extreme makeover dish that is healthy and tasty. To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author