Note: Canned chipotle chilies are available in most supermarkets and at specialty foods stores. Chipotle chilies in adobo sauce give a nice smokey taste to the dish.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste (check the label for gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 can beer (12 oz.)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes (check the label for gluten free)
- 2 can (15.5 oz.) small red beans, undrained (check the label for gluten free)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional according to taste)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped onion
Sauté beef, onion and garlic in a large pot over medium high heat for about 10 minutes. Stirring often to break up the beefs with the back of spatula.
Add cinnamon, chili powder, chipotle chilies, and tomato paste. Mix well and Sauté for 3 more minutes. Add beer, beans and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered , for 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with shredded cheese and chopped onion, if desired.
’m a mother, daughter, mother-in-law and wife, who likes to create things as often as possible. Creating recipes, doing makeover recipes, creating simple and easy centerpiece, creating web design, logos, fliers and so on … I use my blog to share with you my recipes that I went through a lot of trial cooking before I came up with the extreme makeover dish that is healthy and tasty. To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author