Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to pasta or rice. The cooked squash flesh shreds into threads resembling thin spaghetti for which it is named after. They make your meal 100% healthier.
1 medium-sized spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- Place whole squash in a shallow baking pan close to it’s size and add 11/2 cups water .
- Cook in preheated 375 F oven for 1 hour or until tender and easily pierced with knife.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop seeds and fibers from spaghetti squash.
- Use a fork going back and forth across the squash to shred the pulp away from the spaghetti squash skin.
- Place strands in a large bowl and gently untangle with fork.
’m a mother, daughter, mother-in-law and wife, who likes to create things as often as possible. Creating recipes, doing makeover recipes, creating simple and easy centerpiece, creating web design, logos, fliers and so on … I use my blog to share with you my recipes that I went through a lot of trial cooking before I came up with the extreme makeover dish that is healthy and tasty. To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author