This is a very easy and delicious dish. You can have them as side dish or add chicken, shrimp or tofu to the noodles and have it as a main dish.
Facts: Sesame seeds are rich in healthy fats. These little seeds are loaded with essential minerals such as manganese, copper, iron, phosphorus and calcium. They reduce stress , lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. The zinc in sesame seeds promotes bone health and prevents osteoporosis later in life. Sesame seeds increase your levels of Vitamin E, which plays a vital role in fighting disease.
- 12 ounces, thin noodles/pastas (any pasta such as linguine, Chinese egg noodles or soba noodles can be used in recipe.You can even use spaghetti squash for Paleo style dish. For Gluten-Free use rice noodle or any noodle that has a Gluten-Free label)
- 5 whole green onions, sliced thin
- I medium size red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, stem removed, flowers cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon pure sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce ( check the label for Gluten-Free)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar (for Paleo style use 11/2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Cook pasta/noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with two-tablespoon cold water until smooth; set aside.
Place a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, ginger, sugar, sesame oil, vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and chili sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
Add in broccoli florets; cook for 3-4 minutes. Don’t over cook the broccoli, it should be somewhat crunchy. Add the red pepper, chopped cilantro, green onion and sesame seed to the pot stir and cook for about one minute. Add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a simmer stirring until thickened.
Add the noodles to the pot, let it all simmer/fry on fairly high heat so the noodles could really absorb the flavor about 1 minute.
Place on platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Give ‘em a try and let me know what you think in the comment section!
’m a mother, daughter, mother-in-law and wife, who likes to create things as often as possible. Creating recipes, doing makeover recipes, creating simple and easy centerpiece, creating web design, logos, fliers and so on … I use my blog to share with you my recipes that I went through a lot of trial cooking before I came up with the extreme makeover dish that is healthy and tasty. To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author