This is definitely a highly energizing soup and is a big favorites while on a cleanse or detox. Contain ingredients that are well known for their cleansing properties. Little History of Shooli Recipes. This recipe is from a village called Maybod in center of Iran. People from this village made this soup regularly to cleanse their body and bring it to a healthier level.
- Beets(3 bunches): Beets are used for their detoxifying properties. Both beet root and beet greens are very powerful cleansers and builders of the blood.
- Spinach(1 large bag/16oz): Spinach has always been known for its fine cleansing, building and nourishing properties for the digestive tract, intestines and colon.
- Lentils(11/2 cup): It is also a good source of Protein, Iron, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Folate and Manganese.
- Parsley(4 bunch): the plant is a good source of manganese, calcium and potassium. It also contains flavonoids that act as antioxidants.
- Green Onions(4 bunch): Green Onions are also a good source of vitamin C, iron , calcium and fiber.
- Dried Mint(3 tablespoon): This food is very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Niacin and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Copper and Manganese.
- Promeganate Juice(1 bottle): pomegranate juice has excellent antioxidant properties. It has about three times more antioxidants ounce for ounce than does red wine or green tea.
- Balsamic Vinegar(1 cup): balsamic vinegar is a source of calcium, iron, manganese and potassium, which improve the body’s functioning and weight loss abilities.
- 1/2 cup Flour (for Paleo style and Gluten-Free use Arrowroot Starch/Powder).
Begin by washing and chopping your ingredients (beet green, parsley, green onion, spinach), you may use food processor. Peel and cut the beet roots into cube.
Add approximately 12 cups of water to a large pot and get this liquid simmering. Add lentils, beet green, parsley, green onion, beets, salt and pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook until the lentils are beets are quite tender about 45 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 15 minutes longer.
Mix together flour, two cups of pomegranate juice and half cup of balsamic vinegar to make a thickener, and add it gently while whisking frantically into your soup. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes and taste it for seasoning and sourness. You may add more pomegranate juice and vinegar if you like it sour or you may add some sugar if it is too sour for you.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with three tablespoon of dried mint, and mix them well before serving.
’m a mother, daughter, mother-in-law and wife, who likes to create things as often as possible. Creating recipes, doing makeover recipes, creating simple and easy centerpiece, creating web design, logos, fliers and so on … I use my blog to share with you my recipes that I went through a lot of trial cooking before I came up with the extreme makeover dish that is healthy and tasty. To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author