Quick and easy vegetarian enchilada using onion, red pepper, mushroom and verde sauce! They refrigerate well and make great leftovers.
Tip: – I used small corn tortillas but you can use whatever kind of tortillas you like. For gluten free and vegan style, make sure the tortillas are gluten free and lard free.
– This recipe also works great with chicken, you can use rotisserie or simply boil chicken breast and add it to the mixture.
Sauté the onion, red pepper, mushroom and taco seasoning, until they begin to soften.
Add salt, pepper, Tabasco chipotle (if used) and 1/2 cup of monterey & cheddar cheese and stir well.
Fill each tortilla with vegetable mixture. Roll up the tortilla and place the tortilla seam side down in the baking dish. Pour the sauce and cheese over the filled tortillas.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-10 small corn (for Vegan and Gluten Free make sure you check the ingredient labels)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco chipotle (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cans (10 ounces) Enchilada Verde Sauce
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack (for Vegan make sure to use dairy-free cheese)
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese(for Vegan make sure to use dairy-free cheese)
1- In a large pan over medium heat sauté the onion, red pepper, mushroom and taco seasoning, until they begin to soften.
2- Add salt, pepper, Tabasco chipotle (if used) and 1/2 cup of monterey & cheddar cheese and stir well. Set aside to cool.
3- Pour half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
4- Warm the tortillas to make them flexible in the microwave wrap in a paper towel or on stovetop.
5- Fill each tortilla with vegetable mixture. Roll up the tortilla and place the tortilla seam side down in the baking dish.
6- Pour the remaining sauce and cheese over the filled tortillas. Cover and bake the enchiladas for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
7- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with guacamole and salsa. Serve with Spanish rice.
’m a mother, daughter, mother-in-law and wife, who likes to create things as often as possible. Creating recipes, doing makeover recipes, creating simple and easy centerpiece, creating web design, logos, fliers and so on … I use my blog to share with you my recipes that I went through a lot of trial cooking before I came up with the extreme makeover dish that is healthy and tasty. To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author