This is fast, quick, and easy tuna salad. The celery, bell peppers and dill pickles adds a nice crisp texture and the onion, jalapeno and lemon juice add just the right hint of flavor.
There are so many wonderful ways to eat this salad. Put on top of salads or make toasted sandwich either open faced, or in a regular sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes. For a low carb option, serve on sliced lettuce.
Note: If you are not too keen on eating tuna, substitute tuna with chopped cooked chicken breast or turkey without the lemon juice. For vegetarians substitute hard-cooked eggs but omit the lemon juice.
- 4 7-ounce cans white meat tuna packed in water
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped small baby dill pickles
- 1-2 jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped (according to desire for hot and spicy flavor)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I used Best Foods Mayo labeled ‘With Olive Oil “)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1- Cut open the cans of tuna fish, but leave the lid in place. Holding the cans over the sink, press the lid into the tuna fish and tilt the can to drain all the liquid. Remove the lids and transfer the tuna fish to a large mixing bowl.
2- Flake the tuna into small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients.
3- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
’m a mother, daughter, mother-in-law and wife, who likes to create things as often as possible. Creating recipes, doing makeover recipes, creating simple and easy centerpiece, creating web design, logos, fliers and so on … I use my blog to share with you my recipes that I went through a lot of trial cooking before I came up with the extreme makeover dish that is healthy and tasty. To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author